Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Never say never

I've been warned repeatedly during this pregnancy never to say I'd never do a particular thing as a parent, because that's exactly the thing I'd end up doing. I thought I'd been doing a good job never saying "never," but I do know I said I didn't think I'd ever chart my child's feedings and diapers like I know some parents do. Then I had a preemie. To make sure she's been getting enough calories, I've been recording every feeding and every diaper since Frances' birth. But the charting has paid off! Frances went back to the pediatrician on Monday and, finally, she is gaining back some of the weight she's lost since birth. She now weighs 5 lb. 15.8 oz. and is in good shape. Here she is looking good and chubby.


We have another weighing today. Fingers crossed

1 comment:

  1. If memory serves, you also said you'd "never" keep a baby blog and look at this! I'm glad you do your nevers!!!

    ReplyDelete