Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Fourteen Months of Toddler Frances!

This month, we used our monthly celebration of Frances's birth as an excuse to go to the Boston Museum of Science. It was a really fun way to spend an afternoon. Frances enjoyed sucking on magnets.

And this snake was interesting, but ultimately not as interesting as the name label on the snake's aquarium.


Some month soon, I will have to stop these monthly summaries but Frances still changes enough month to month to impress us, so here we go.
Fourteen Months Fun Facts
  • Firsts: Walking is definitely Frances's primary mode of locomotion these days. She only resorts to crawling on rare occasions. She's imitating us in new ways. The other day she was sitting on the floor near me and flopping her torso down on top of her legs. It took me a minute but I realized she was imitating the way I was stretching after a run. Such a smart bubby!
  • Favorite Foods: Veggie Booty still saves the day, but she also discovered her love for meatloaf while we were with her grandparents. Once she gets going on it, fistfuls at a time disappear.
  • Frequent Comment: We've heard several descriptions of Frances that all go together: "centered," "dignified," and "self-contained." I like these descriptions. I also like her grandmother Mimi's description: "So sweet!" I find myself frequently saying "What just happened?" Usually Frances has just fallen over in the middle of walking across the room. She'll be walking along just fine and then - plop!- she collapses, so we still have a ways to go on stable walking.
  • Favorite Activities: She loves being with people besides her parents. Frances adored playing with her big cousins over Christmas and she adores our friend Michele. Mark thinks it's because Michele is "bubbly" - drat, and I'm so close to mastering bubbly! Maybe by the time she's Fifteen Months.

No comments:

Post a Comment