Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Thank you, Auntie Lindsay

Frances's Auntie Lindsay gave her some finger paint for Christmas.  Frances and I tried it out the other day.  The whole adventure began very tamely.  Frances worked the yellow over for quite a while.


She slowly branched off into other colors, though for a bit she wanted me to wipe her hands between each color change.


Then, this finger painting session went the way of all finger painting sessions: Frances started painting herself.  She began with her arm.


Then moved on to her torso.





Then she moved on to her diaper.


Things went downhill from there, and ended in the bath.

Thank you, Auntie Lindsay.  Only several more months of indoor activities to go until summer!

2 comments:

  1. Wasn't it fun!!! Zoe asks to do it all the time and I always wait till after dinner so she can bathe. On some special days when I haven't showered yet, I'll let her do it in the morning as long as she agrees to shower with me. The other day she painted for 1.5. It was fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She painted for an hour and a half??? We'e lucky if we get twenty minutes. Unfortunately, Frances figured out that it makes me nervous when she runs around with paint on her hands. So now it's her favorite thing to do.

    ReplyDelete