Monday, July 16, 2012

Off to the Big Time

Frances headed off to Copper Beech Montessori at the beginning of July.  She's been looking forward to "my school," as she calls it.  She was particularly pleased with her new backpack and lunch box.  We took these photos moments before walking her across the street to school (yep, if I want to I can watch her in the playground from our house).




I was very nervous about this change.  I would have about 13 emotions about it - per hour.  I ranged anywhere from "I'm a terrible person for abandoning my child!" to "I'm a good mother for giving her the chance to develop the social skills her parents have yet to muster" and everywhere in between.  So far, we all seem to be surviving.  Especially at the beginning, Frances was very enthusiastic.  She kept referring to "my kids" and wondering why they weren't on the playground waiting for her at all times.  Her sleep patterns changed radically, and not for the better, but may be settling down.  Lately, she has been reluctant to let me go in the mornings, but by the afternoon, when I pick her up, she's all smiles and giggles.  Fingers crossed that all continues to go well.

No comments:

Post a Comment