Saturday, October 9, 2010

Eleven Months of Bubby Frances

Yes, we've made it to Eleven Months! Unbelievable. This post has a lot of photos, but I didn't want to leave any out. Frances is wearing a beautiful new jacket that her Auntie Beth made. I love it. Frances will be wearing it every chance she gets until it gets too cold.

We started her Eleven Months photo shoot in our living room.



Hello, Blue Eyes.






Our neighbor conveniently has a very New England-esque stone wall, and she likes to grow lavender and lupin. We like our neighbor.


She looks like she's holding on for dear life in this photo, but really she can stand up with very little support. More about that below.



And we wrapped up the photo shoot at the playground around the corner from our apartment.







Eleven Months Fun Facts
  • Firsts: Not quite so many firsts this month, but she has started standing on her own every so often. She started doing it a couple weeks ago but it seemed to be by accident. This past week, however, she did it several times in one day, so I think it's on purpose and I think she'll be trying her first steps soon. Very exciting. Oh, and she says something like "Mama," but it doesn't seem to be connected to me yet. I have to say, even if she doesn't know I'm "Mama" it's still pretty sweet to hear. And, she sleeps through the night on a very regular basis. Praise Jesus!
  • Favorite food: Oh, the Baby Nutrition Police will be breaking down my door any day now. She loves fish sticks. But these are fancy fish sticks: each box contains a full serving of vegetables mixed in with the fish. That's right, if you eat all 15 fish sticks you get a full serving of vegetables. Must count for something. She also loves (previously frozen) waffles, but they're whole wheat so very nutritious.
  • Frequent comment: "She'll be walking any day now." Maybe yes, maybe no.
  • Favorite activity: She loves being with other kids. I love watching her engage with them in new environments. It makes me so proud.
  • One word to describe Frances this month: Explorer. She wants to see everything. Unfortunately for her, our apartment is a little treacherous, so I keep the bedroom and bathroom doors closed, so Frances ends up going in circles. I guess that's why she loves getting out with other kids so much.

Next up, One Year of Bubby Frances.















1 comment: