Sunday, May 15, 2011

Mother's Day?

Doesn't just scream Mother's Day, does it? But it was a great start to a great day. Frances and I started Mother's Day with a 5K. I didn't push Frances, of course. That job fell to our friend Dave, who also pushed his daughter Sophia and the double jogging stroller. I'm guessing 48 pounds of toddler plus about 25 pounds of stroller, and he still beat me to the finish line. I'm going to return the favor by watching Sophia while her parents run the Chicago Marathon. Go team!

Frances and I returned from the race to find that a very sick Mark had pried himself off the couch, picked up the whole apartment and bought a bouquet of white flowers. Frances and I expressed our deepest appreciation, and then went to take a nap. Great day.

p.s. Soon I will buy Frances some pants that come down to her ankles, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment