Thursday, June 2, 2011

Graduate! Graduate!....

...Dance to the music! (Sing to the tune of "Celebrate! Celebrate! Dance to the music!")

I try to keep this blog about Frances, but I have to make an exception because Mark graduated from the Harvard University Graduate School of Design, which doesn't happen every day. We had a full house with Mark's parents, brother and sister-in-law and my parents (Frances was in heaven with all the attention) and we made it through the week almost without a hitch. Mark is now officially a Harvard alumnus.

Here's the Harvard alum before he was technically a Harvard alum. He looks studious, doesn't he? Don't be fooled; Mark wasn't thinking deep thoughts. He was trying to figure out where he was supposed to line up with his class.



Mark went on his merry way and my dad and I arrived at the University graduation an hour and a half before it started. I knew it would be crowded, but underestimated significantly. This was the view from my seat. Couldn't see bupkis, but the speaker system was very impressive.



Mark says he was seated under the left-most standard. I will have to take his word for it.



Immediately after the University graduation, the Graduate School of Design held its own ceremony. Our view for it was a little better. Here's Mark heading down to the platform to graduate. We cheered a lot, hence the waving.



After the ceremony, we all met up for pictures. I once promised Vicki I would never put her photo up here, but this post is all about breaking rules. They were so proud of their son. Rightfully so!





My Architect!




Following the ceremonies, we all went for walks/runs by the Charles and played with Frances in the gorgeous sunshine. Then Frances had her second non-relative babysitter and we all went out for dinner. It was a perfect day. So, so proud.

1 comment:

  1. This was a big day and a good day! He did a great job. :)

    ReplyDelete