Thursday, January 12, 2012

Equestriennes!

While the male members of the Hayward-Cowen-Upton clan did silly things like go to church or prepare for work the next day, the females went to my friend Linda Brown's to go riding!  The girls took to it like fish to water. 

First up was Cousin Clare on Count.  Cousin Clare has a major crush on all things horse right now, and she did great.  She even balanced with her hands up in the air.  Congratulations, Clare!


Cousin Nora got to ride Linda's very own hunt horse, Stray.  She seemed so comfortable on horseback and rode for quite a while.



Last, but not least, was Little Frances for her first time on horseback (not counting a Merry-Go-Round).  Frances did not bat an eye as I put her on 1,000+ pound Count, just acted like it was the most natural thing in the world.  I did have Jocelyn walk next to her because I was afraid Frances would lose interest and bail out without warning.  I think I worried needlessly.


I really could not have been prouder.  Frances was so unafraid and happy.


She spent the rest of the day saying, "Frances ride Count."  Which is, I suppose, why humans go on reproducing.

No comments:

Post a Comment