Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Twenty-Six Months of Toddler Frances

Running...

 ...running...

...and running!


I've been putting off composing this until I had some peace and quiet.  I'm giving up.  Here it goes:

Twenty-Six Months Fun Facts

  • Counting: An on-going project.  She's gotten very clear on five through twelve, but somehow counting one through four still evade her. She can identify two objects. For instance, she knows she has two colors of play dough and we talk about the play dough a lot. Which brings us to...
  • Obsession: Play dough.  We generally have a ball of it with us at all times.  It even goes to the play ground with us.
  • Language:  She tries to sing along with us to familiar tunes like the Alphabet Song and Ring Around the Rosie. She's convinced there's a song for everything - a play dough song, a daddy song, a snake song - so I've been making up lots of awful ditties. She's using longer phrases, but I think it would be hard to follow her without context.  She went through a fleeting stage of saying "Thank you, mama," usually for no particular reason.  It made me sooo happy.  She could have asked for anything and I gladly would have given it to her just to hear her say, "Thank you, mama."
  • Locomotion: See pictures above.  Frances still has a touch of the toddler-stiff-legged run, but she's getting more and more nimble.  And faster.
  • Frequent Conversations:  "No eating play dough."  She reminds us of this frequently.  I think our friend Michele told Frances that there's no eating play dough.  It made an impression.  Sometimes Frances will even say, "Chele says no eating play dough."  Such wisdom.

1 comment:

  1. Happy I can pass on some tidbits of wisdom to at least one of our children. :)

    ReplyDelete