Thursday, March 29, 2012

An Ras Mor 5k

Another miracle!  I ran my third 5k.  Frances participated, too, so we started the day with some stretching.  We did all our regular stretches and Frances seemed to be enjoying herself, so we added a few more.  First we did some Cat/Cow.


And we finished up with some Pigeons.  Frances then asked to do some Fireflies, but I don't know that Yoga pose and it was time to go.


I had enough to do just getting myself through the race, so our good friend Dave Ahouse pushed Frances, his own daughter Sophia, and the double jogging stroller - at least 70 pounds.  Twenty-four minutes and forty-fours seconds later, Dave had them all back, safe and sound.


And then I dragged in at almost 32 minutes, about a minute and a half better than last year.   I'm the one in the purple top.  I didn't feel close-ups were necessary.



Dave says his goal for me is to beat him.  I say as long as he keeps pushing the girls year after year, eventually I will beat him.  Maybe by the girls' tenth birthdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment