Monday, April 30, 2012

Update on Lenten project

A little update on our Lenten project:  I decided Frances had been watching much too much television and that we would be cutting back for Lent.  She would still be allowed to watch before her daddy woke up in the morning and then whatever was playing at the gym, but that would be it until the weekend, when all bets were off.  I'd say we were fairly successful, with only one or two slip ups in the forty days of Lent.  The state of the house definitely suffered, but I also noticed that the less television Frances watched, the less she asked for it.  Not quite sure how to put this, but it reminded me of an addict coming off a drug - the less she used, the less she needed to use.  To me, this means the "less is more" route is the way to go.

Here's Ms. Frances enjoying one of our lovely Spring afternoons with some chalk in the driveway - not watching television.



Maybe next year, we'll give up television altogether for Lent.  Think Mark and Frances would kill me?

No comments:

Post a Comment