Sunday, September 23, 2012

One Morning in Maine

I had this lovely idea: I would take a picture of Frances every hour, on the hour, for a day in Maine.  It would be a nice introduction to life in Sawyer's Cove for all you future visitors.  It might even make a nice book.  

Let's examine the results of this little project.

6:30-ish a.m. - I know I said I'd do it every hour, on the hour, but she wasn't awake on the hour, so there you go.  Here's Frances, waiting for breakfast and avoiding Mimi and Sir's new, enthusiastic dogs by sitting on the counter.


7:30-ish - It doesn't appear we've made much progress, but notice that Frances is dressed.  Mimi will be soon, I'm sure.


8:30-ish - Mark, being a trooper, took Frances outside while the rest of us got organized.  The two of them found a fascinating caterpillar.  It's hard to tell from this photo, but the caterpillar had great spikes.  We thought it was a real find.  It became less exciting as we found more and more identical caterpillars, but at 8:30-ish in the morning it was pretty good.   


9:30-ish - Forgot to take the camera to the grocery store with us.

10:30-ish - I did take a photo of Frances getting into the car at the grocery store, but it was a very awkward photo, so we're going to skip it.

11:30-ish - Frances eats a nutritious lunch of mini pepperoni and apples, emphasis on the pepperoni. 


12:30-ish - Frances takes a nap.  No photo.

1:30-ish - Mark and I abandon Frances and this project so we can go sailing.  End of project.

So there you have it!  Instead of A Day in Maine, you get One Morning in Maine, and it's not very tempting, I know.  I promise any potential visitors that we try harder when we've got guests.  You will not be dragged to the grocery store, for instance.

I think I'll try this project again when all the cousins are in Maine.  Surely someone will be doing something photogenic every hour, on the hour.  Surely.

No comments:

Post a Comment