Sunday, April 25, 2010

Another Frances first

We've entered the brave new world of Solids! I read somewhere that it's best to wait until a baby is a full six months old before starting her on solids, but I got bored yesterday and Mark was home (he'd made me promise to wait until he was home before I gave her solids for the first time) so I decided to give it a go. Frances was a little tentative at first...



...but all that practice gumming anything within arms' reach paid off quickly.


Eventually, she was anticipating that spoon for all she was worth. Next step, swallowing more than 50 per cent of the gruel!

Really, I think Frances was very pleased with the new activity. This morning she watched me take each bite of my cereal with longing in her eyes and an open mouth. Soon, Bubby Frances, soon!


1 comment:

  1. hooray for solids!! So fun. Love the pictures - especially the bib :)

    ReplyDelete