Sunday, June 24, 2012

Anecdote!

This post is a bit silly, but here it goes.  Frances's cousins Nora and Clare love hearing anecdotes about themselves.  Any little tidbit seems to please them, but when they asked for anecdotes about Frances I found myself floundering.  Her birth story, for example, is still a little gruesome for tender ears.  Luckily, Clare and Frances supplied an anecdote on this trip, and it goes like this:

Frances was a terrific napper in Maine, something to do with running around with big cousins all day long.  No matter when or where I put her down, she'd be out like a light for three hours.  But one day she just wouldn't settle.  I also realized I hadn't seen Clare for quite a bit.  I decided to investigate.  I found Clare standing outside Frances's window and discovered Frances was standing on her bed, and the two were chatting.

This is Clare being useful:


This is Frances (you can just make out her face in the window's left hand corner) not sleeping:


I eventually gave up on Frances's nap and we all relocated to the tennis court for some running around.  This is the goofy behavior of a two year old with no nap:



And then the week was over and it was time for Frances and me to head south.  Now I'm anxiously awaiting September when Mark, Frances and I will all get some time together in Maine.

No comments:

Post a Comment