Monday, October 15, 2012

Just for Beka

When my good friend Beka saw the last post, the one where I announced I would be bringing new life into the world, she called me up to complain that she only looks at the blog for cute stories about Frances or, at the very least, ultrasound pictures that reveal the coming kid's gender, so she could start knitting appropriately colored booties, sweaters, tunics, what-have-you.  

Beka, this is for you - neither cute stories about Frances nor gender-revealing ultrasound pictures.  Just buckle up and stop whining.

This first ultrasound picture is from about nine weeks.  My midwife had mercy on me and sent me for an ultrasound to confirm the pregnancy.


Cutest gummi bear you ever saw, right?  Must admit I cried a bit when I saw this, I just did not believe I had a viable pregnancy going on.

I believe these next ones are from 19 weeks.  (I know the ultrasounds are dated and I could figure this out precisely, but I can't be bothered, and the point of this post is to bother Beka and she won't care about precise dates anyway.)  Going clockwise from the top left, we've got a left hand, nose and lips, and then two of profiles.




It's hard to tell from this, but the baby's lips are beautiful, just like Frances's.  That's why we think it's a girl.

Alright, one cute story about Frances:  She's started telling almost anyone that will listen that first her birthday is coming and then a baby.  If she is traumatized out of her mind, she's hiding it well.

1 comment:

  1. I think it is a girl too and she does look like Frances. :)

    ReplyDelete