Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pumpkins, pumpkins

I was all excited to visit the Pumpkin Festival in Keene, NH, mostly because its website claimed that maple-flavored cotton candy would be available.  Maple-flavored cotton candy seemed like a good thing.  Visitors to the festival are encouraged to bring jack-o-lanterns to break some jack-o-lantern collection record.  Happy to oblige!  So I had Mark carve a pumpkin.

Cutting off the top:


Taking out the innards:


Stirring the innards, just for good measure:


And the finished product:


Frances was very pleased with her pumpkin.

Then we finished up the night with a ballet show, because that's what we do around here, often.


I think I'm about 23 weeks pregnant here, and Frances is in half her Halloween costume.  Can you tell what she is?

2 comments:

  1. There seems to be something growing in your belly, Auntie Mongo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you perceptive! I feel like a whale, which I never did with Frances. Maybe chasing a three year old is just too much of a reminder of how much I can't move already. Gave up jogging at the gym.
    :(

    ReplyDelete