Sunday, May 27, 2012

Across the pond

Jamaica Pond, that is, not the Atlantic.

Jamaica Plain has a Jamaica Pond, and Jamaica Pond has row boats.  The three of us tried them out last Sunday.  We started out the rowing with Frances planted next to me and me firmly holding on to her life jacket.  Brought back memories of sailing in Maine as a child - and being really annoyed.  Over the course of the hour, I loosened up a little and Frances tried her hand at rowing.


And then some general goofing around.


It ended up being great fun.  We watched people fish and sail, and rowed around an island.  Luckily for me, Mark's length is incompatible with anywhere but the middle seat, so he has to row and I have to laze around.  Perfect.

That night, as I was putting Frances to bed, she said "Thanks row around island," so I'm guessing she enjoyed herself, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment